Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sorry B mommy is bored.

B started school today. In his playroom. I've been so inspired by all the pinterest stuff I see on "toddler" education one of my goals this year was to actually do it. SO B's learning corner was started. I'm trying to plan all my lessons out way in adavance and put them in file folders so it's just a "go-to" type of thing. If I have to plan every week I know I won't do it. There are some amazing blogs about what other mom's have done and I basically just took all of their wonderful ideas and sort of adapted them to fit B, our schedule, and what I have on hand. I'm planning 2 week units that focus on a certain theme, letter, number, shape, and song. Sounds like a lot but it really isn't. So I'm taking all this motivation to pre-plan most of the activities. So far we are almost a week in and it's actually been quite fun. I just try to do a small 15 minute or so activity in the morning and one in the afternoon. If we are busy that day and can't do the activity then we simply don't do it. This week's lesson was about cars, learning to count, learning our shapes and colors. Here is his "Learning corner" and his Chicka chicka boom boom tree.
Here he is with his hotwheels doing some one to one correspondence.
We painted using our hotwheels then we took the cars to the car wash.
We stuck shape foamies to the window using some water.
Those are just a few things we have done. I really hope to keep this going for now. I know things will get crazy in June but I really think he has been enjoying it. We did counting a few times this week and I saw the "light" flicker a little in his head and he got so excited. He counted to two. He knew he did it and he jumped up and started doing a little dance then he came over and gave me a hug. So neat. He also started music class this week. I'm not sure how much he liked it. He kept giving me his shoes and wanted us to leave. He didn't really participate in any of the class except at the end. He grabbed all the drums and made a drum circle around him. I think I may have a future drummer on my hands?? My other goal this year will be organizing. I need to go through my closet, B's closet, my bathroom, and all my crafts. I'll be ready for another garage sale soon! fo. sho. That's about it for now. I will have to post some pics from Christmas soon. :) Happy New Year.

No comments:

picture

picture